Tuesday 26 July 2011

Pool House Update no. 1

Well, It has been a while and I always underestimate how long it is going to take to get things done so here is an update on the pool house from an earlier blog.

I am nearly done the siding and thought I would highlight a couple of features.  The photo below shows how to weave a corner.  It is time consuming as each shingle needs to be cut and planed with a block plane in position but I think the results are well worth it.


Here is a photo of the transom I built for each side of the Pool House (as you can see I still have some shingles and trim to install).  These are very common in New England which gave me the inspiration for this Pool House.  The window is made with maple and individual glass panes.  The casing is white pine.  The nice thing about these windows is they let in a lot of light without compromising privacy or wall space that is sorely needed in a shed.



Anyway, I am playing with the trim work at the moment and will have an update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment